Getting started with Avia APIs
A guide on how to get started with AviaCommerce APIs.
What are Avia APIs?
The Avia web API framework provides integrators and developers the means to use web services that communicate with the AviaCommerce system. Key features include:
- JSON API spec for better performances
- Authentication using JWT tokens.
- Customer API facing endpoints.
- The framework is based on CRUD(create, read, update, delete) & search model.
We just support endpoints and actions for store-front NOT the admin functionality. The avia admin interface should be sufficient for a long time and hence the need for admin endpoints doesn’t make much sense at this moment. However, we are open to considering it in case there is good use case for it.
What can I do with the Avia web APIs?
There are many use cases for the web API’s. For example:
- Create a shopping app. This can be a traditional app that a user downloads on a mobile device. You could also create an app that an employee uses on a showroom floor to help customers make purchases.
- Integrate with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) or ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) back-end systems, such as Salesforce or Xero.
- Integrate with a CMS (Content Management System).
How do I get started?
Cloning the aviacommerce repo from github and installation would be the way to get started with testing and then consuming the API’s.
The api’s are also published as postman collection. It can be accessed here.
We plan to have better documentation soon. Something like swagger or apiary.